Donations to the Book Fair are now being accepted. Please contact Deb Valencic at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring or text 0427 674 246 to advise that you have goods to donate and to organise a time to drop off donations or to have them picked up. Donations of books, DVDs, CDs, vinyl records, games, puzzles and the like are all welcome. Donations of encyclopaedias and magazines cannot be accepted this year. Thanks to everyone who has already donated.
I am getting a little desperate for offers of help. I need people who can:
- drop advertising flyers into businesses around town (you can do this at any time from now);
- set up the chapel on the afternoon of Sunday 28th October (lifting boxes and moving furniture around);
- set up the book fair itself during the day on at least Monday 29th October to Wednesday 31st October (putting books into place and making everything look welcoming);
- work at the fair on Saturday 3rd November and Sunday 4th November (helping people with their purchases and possibly restocking);
- pack up the book fair on Monday 5th November to probably Wednesday 7th November, during the day (culling stock to go to Life Line and packing up books to be kept for next year);
- take unwanted books to Life Line in Canberra.
Any help at all will be very welcome. Thanks to people who have already informally let me know that they are willing to support this venture. If you can help, please email or text and leave contact details.
Funds this year will go to various parish building/maintenance commitments, with a proportion being directed towards Yass Rural Australians for Refugees to assist them with their valuable work.